Thursday, December 22, 2005

Lucid dreaming: Step 2

Remembered dreams first two-three nights no problem.
Didn't need to regulate sleeping times, but will keep it as a possible future consideration.

Simply stating that I wanted to remember aided recall. This also required a conscious effort to recall prior to commencing any other mental activity. In fact I was convinced I hadn't dreamed until I took the time to remember!
However, the day I didn't take the time to write minimal notes, the memory faded into a concept. It would seem that something within the process of translating into languages fortifies the memory.
So on to step 2.... Become conscious of the fact that you are dreaming.

I've done this before, but as with remembering - not consistently.

Two ideas.

a) Signal to myself - question whether I am awake or dreaming.
The main method is to choose a type of object, and any time I see it to ask myself if I am dreaming. In particular a new acquaintance suggested my own hands (thanks S! :). After all they are readily available and I can play with time intervals.
signaling might not be enough - I've been in dreams where I've questioned the likelihood of dreaming and decided I wasn't, so...

b) Look out for dreams signs.
I tend to mix locations in my dreams, and am very big on flying.
Will have to do more reading to decide on more signs.
Any ideas?